Terms and Conditions
- Please read the following clauses carefully as they tell you everything you need to know about the agreement you will enter into in respect of Georgios Gas Services Ltd.
In all clauses, the company refers to Georgios Gas Services Ltd. If you are uncertain as to your rights under them or you want any explanation about them, please write or telephone us at the address or telephone number given.
- The company has quoted the cost of installing central heating and/or plumbing equipment that meets the requirements of your home. Once you have accepted this quotation, the company undertakes to carry out all the work necessary to complete the work described in your specification and this quotation subject to the conditions contained in this agreement.
- If you are a tenant, you may need your landlord’s permission for an installation to be carried out. The company will assume such permission has been granted and shall have no liability for any loss or damage arising from failure to obtain such permission.
- Your order is accepted subject to the condition that there must be an adequate gas supply to the dwelling prior to the commencement of the work. Without prejudice to the company’s rights where such supply is not laid to enable work to commence, the company may cancel the contract and shall not have any liability for any costs, loss or damage arising from such cancellation. In certain circumstances, the size of the existing gas rate or pressure cannot always be determined. If a new gas supply line is required, this will be charged at our standard hourly rates as set out and will be in addition to the quoted price.
- The prices specified in this agreement do not include the price of removing any dangerous waste materials such as asbestos found when carrying out the installation. If during the execution of the works, asbestos is encountered, the company reserves the right to withdraw its installation staff immediately until the site is made safe. The cost of removing asbestos is not included within the price. However, the company upon request of the customer will provide a cost for removing asbestos and will add this fee to the total quote.
- The warranty for a boiler and or cylinder will be covered by the manufacturers as agreed in the quotation. The warranty only applies to the boiler. It does not apply to any existing parts of the system. All other works carried out by Georgios Gas Services Ltd. (parts and labour) are guaranteed for 1 year. However, any existing components or pipework not changed are not included within this guarantee. Furthermore, all boilers need to be serviced annually to remain under warranty.
- If the warranty becomes void due to the appliance not being serviced, then Georgios Gas Services Ltd. accepts no responsibility for this. We will contact our clients to remind them to have it serviced, but the responsibility of having it done lies with the customer.
- Company charges – All charges are clearly laid on within our quotation. In situations when a quotation has not and /or cannot be provided (ie: Immediate or Emergency works), then our normal charges apply and are as follows: £65 plus vat per hour 8am- 5pm during normal working hours (evening and weekend prices may vary). Additional charges will be applied for the supply of any parts and materials as needed and these will be clearly laid out on the invoice you receive.
- For all new customers 50% Deposit is required up front to secure the booking, the remaining 50% on job completion.
- Payment is to be made by credit or debit card, BACS, or cheque to Georgios Gas Service Ltd. 95 Springwater Road, Leigh on Sea, Essex, SS9 5BW. Bank details are included on all of our invoices.
You will be sent an invoice for payment within seven days of installation completion. Failure to make payment within specific time periods as outlined within the quotation and/or the Terms and Conditions will instigate legal proceedings to commence. These will be carried by a registered Legal firm and all proceedings will be governed in accordance with English Law.